Monday, January 27, 2014

Review-Into The Still Blue

If you've ever asked me for a book recommendation you'll know that one of my top suggestions is Rossi's debut novel Under the Never Sky.  I read an early copy and I just fell in love.  So much so that I've been harassing her for the past...2 years and constantly reminding her how much I love her and her books (sometimes I wonder if she thinks I'm a little nuts, but if she does she's way to nice to say it).  When I got my hands on an ARC of book three I knew I needed to read it ASAP, but life got in the way, and here we are today with me finishing it a day before it's out.  Now, some of you are like "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!?" And I KNOW, trust me I know, but for me sequels are hard and endings are even harder.  This series has been with me for quite some time, and now that it's over I feel almost gutted in a way, because I came to love these characters so much.  If I'm being 100% honest half of me didn't want to read this book because then it would be over.  And now it is over, but that's okay, because Rossi did right by her characters.  She did right by her world and her words and just, gah, she did right by EVERYTHING.  Were there times that it hurt?  YES!  Were there times I wanted to scream? FOR SURE!  But in the end she wrapped it all up and I don't think I could have been happier.  We lose characters that were close to us, we see new sides of characters, and new characters all together, but if you have to end a story (and I guess you do eventually), this is the right way to do it.  Actually I probably would have killed off a few more characters, because I"m pretty sure that should I ever publish a book I'm going to be one of those authors that people are like "PLEASE DON'T KILL OF SO-AND-SO!" and I'll be all "Sorry."  But Rossi is so much better than me and I love her so very much for it!  In the end I was happy with how things turned out for most of the characters, and maybe one day we'll even get to see a little bit more into their world (yeah, that's gonna be my next thing Rossi, sorry in advance).  Now with the third book out (well, tomorrow, but basically it's out) there is NO reason for you NOT to read these books, at least pick up the first one because it's so different from everything that's out there, and it's so beautiful, and geeze Perry is SO HOT.  I can't tell you all enough how much I recommend this series and it's now set in stone; Rossi writes a book, I need that book.  Whatever she comes up next I'll read it, and I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

Out January 28, 2014


5/5 dust spirits

*Thanks to Harper Teen for providing me with an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment