Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review-Prep school Confidential

I heard about this book quite some time ago, and I decided that I would read it because it sounded good.  When I requested the e-galley on netgalley I wasn't sure I would actually get approved, and I decided that either way it wasn't something that I was dying to read so it wouldn't be a huge deal.  I've always been a big fan of murder mysteries, I watch pretty much any TV show I can that deals with them, and for some reason I just love murder mysteries that happen at prep-schools (I could see myself writing a book about one).  Having just finished this novel I can say that I am one hundred percent pleased with this novel as a murder mystery, as a prep-school novel, and as a debut.  Kara writes some really great characters.  The main character, Anne, was just, I loved her so much.  She's one of those characters that I would hope would be me in this type of situation, but to be honest she's probably just the person I wish I could be.  The thing I loved the most about her had to be her snark, although her determination and the fact that she did what was right despite the fact she could have been killed really made me like her.  I would like to think that I would get along very will with Anne, although that could just be my imagination.  There were also some super cute guys that I wouldn't mind doing some snooping with.  The plot was well done, and the mystery itself was really impressive.  Generally when it comes to books like this I can see who it is and what happened quite some time before the main character, but Kara wrote this book in such a way that I was kept guessing up until a little before Anne knew what happened, and even then I didn't know for sure until she did.  Her writing was a lot of fun, as were her characters, and with the cliff-hanger that wasn't exactly a cliff-hanger I can't wait to read the next book in the series.  Hopefully there will be more than two books in the series, although that depends on several things.  Fans of murder mysteries will just eat this book up, and the best thing about it is that it comes out in paperback right away!  Even if there are only two books in this series I'll be checking out anything else that Kara writes because I think she is an author to watch.

Out July 30, 2013


5/5 dust spirits

*Thanks to St. Martin's Griffin for providing me with an e-ARC in return for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment