Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Review-Just Like Fate

Somehow I made it quite some time without knowing about this book, but once I found out about there was no question in my mind that I would find a way to get it early.  The idea of the book is something that's pretty simple, that one decision, one SMALL decision, could change the course of your life.  Earlier in the year I read a book with a similar concept titled Pivot Point and I just really loved it, so I was interested to see how these two authors wove their story.  This was an entirely contemporary novel, and I think when it comes to something like this, an idea this simple, it comes down to how the story is executed, and in this case Cat and Suzanne did an amazing job.  I've found that in every novel that Suzanne writes there is so much raw emotion I can't help but be affected by it, and this is no exception.  That being said I couldn't tell which author wrote which part, so Cat also gets the compliment.  I'm really close to my grandmother, so reading this book, at times, it made me so sad because it's hard for me to think about my grandmother dying.  There were times when I was frustrated with the main character because she was being petty or being naive, but it wasn't the kind that made the character annoying, it was the kind that made the character real.  I loved reading the back and forth, going from one path to the other, although I'm sure some people might find it a little confusing.  The lovely ladies managed to write one heck of a hot guy, really, I want him.  Like, it's not even funny how much I want him.  Cat, Suzanne, I call dibs.  Although the ending left me feeling a little...wiggly at first, it didn't take long for me to realize that it was just RIGHT.  I'm being vague here because I don't want to give anything away, and I hope that in the end you'll see what I see, but I'm sure some of you will be frustrated by it, which I can totally understand, but if you do I just want you to think about it for a few minutes once you read the last page.  This book really spoke to me in a way that I'm not totally able to explain, and in the end I'm just so happy with the book.  I would love to see Cat and Suzanne team up to write another book, but if that's not in the cards I'm just glad that they will keep writing books on their own.  Fans of contemporary novels will eat this up, and I can't wait to discuss this book with all of you because I'm almost positive that it will be a huge hit.

Out August 27, 2013


4.5/5 dust spirits

*Thanks to Secret Garden Books for providing me with an ARC to read

No comments:

Post a Comment