Monday, June 10, 2013

Review-The Distance Between Us

Earlier this year I read Kasie's debut novel, Pivot Point, and I just adored it.  When I read about this book I knew I had to have it because, let's face it, the synopsis sounded ADORABLE and it was right up my alley in terms of cute contemporary books.  The fact that I just started it this afternoon should say something about how much I enjoyed it. Recently I've been reading a lot of New Adult books, and while I enjoy them I think there's something to be said about a book that's just about two teenagers who meet and like each other.  Being a teenager myself I would be very happy if I found a cute guy that liked me for me and then did something about it.  Kasie's books are so drastically different but the one thing they have in common is cute boys.  She writes some GREAT cute boys.  If She could write me a boyfriend I would be very pleased.  This was one of those contemporary novels that doesn't deal with harsh stuff, so it's more along the lines of Stephanie Perkins, but that doesn't mean that it's not a good book.  I think that everyone can use a good cute book every now and then, and with this book being good, cute, and  released in paperback right away I don't think you can go wrong with it.  The main character is super snarky, which I totally love, and there's the requisite problem at home/with family.  For me this is just one of those feel good books that you read when you're having an off day and you want to feel all fuzzy inside.  As much as I can't wait for Kasie to write the sequel to Pivot Point and continue writing fantasy I really hope that she also continues writing contemporary because she's gifted at writing both.  Fans of Stephanie Perkins and Rachel Cohn/David Levithan will just eat this book up, and I can't say I wouldn't be happy to see these characters later-on, because they're just so darn cute!

Out July 2, 2013


5/5 dust spirits

*Thanks to Kasie for providing me with an ARC of this book (via a giveaway) in return for an honest review

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Anna! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Oooh, I wish I did have the ability to write people real life boyfriends.....hmm...that sounds like a fun book idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete