Monday, June 17, 2013

Review-Altered

I had been pining for this book ever since I read the synopsis, but I didn't end up getting an ARC so I had to buy it when it came out.  But if you know me you know that despite the fact that I want to read 85% of the books out there if I buy a book there only about a 10% chance I'll get to it any time soon.  So I bought Altered shortly after it came out but because of all of the ARCs I had to read I didn't get to it, but I decided that this summer I would read about 10 books that were already out, and this is my first one.  The cover has a hot boy on it and let me tell you it didn't disappoint.  Four attractive boys were part of the WHOLE book, and I was pleased with all of them.  Jenn crafted a great thriller with twists and turns, some of which even I didn't catch.  There were some that I did, and I had those moments when I was internally yelling at the characters, but not in a bad way.  The book was told from a female's POV, and there is a very attractive boy on the cover (so that may but a boy or two off just because) but the romance is really such a small part of the book that I think males would enjoy the story line just as much as females.  Anna was a really strong character, and I found myself trying to figure out what was going on before the characters did, totally caught up in the mystery of it all.  As a whole I enjoyed the fast paced plot and the mystery of it all, although there were times when I was slightly confused with some of the special traits of the four boys.   Although happy with the way the book ended I am glad that there's going to be another one, and if I don't get an ARC of it then I will buy the sequel when it comes out.



4.5/5 dust spirits

2 comments: