Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Review-Of Triton


Ohmysweetgoodness.  So last year I read Anna's debut novel Of Poseidon and I just fell in love with it.  I read it in a day and adored everything about it; the characters, the plot, the dialogue, the sexy, ALL of it.  The ending left me gaping and I needed the next one right away, so when I went to ALA Midwinter the other weekend my first goal was to get THIS BOOK (mission accomplished, btw).  After I finished the book I was reading at the time I hopped on this one like a pug on food (for those of you who are unfamiliar pugs LOVE food), and I wasn't disappointed with the outcome.  So often I read a second book in a series (it's going to be a trilogy now!!!) and am a little underwhelmed, but despite this being different from the first one it retained the snark and humor (and romance).  We get to dive deeper into the Syrena's world, we also get to see more of characters we were introduced to in the first book, and the conflict is resolved (so I can see that this was originally going to be the last book, but knowing Anna she will make MORE problems for our fishy friends to face in BOOK THREE!).  I also enjoyed seeing the main characters from book one mature as the story continued, which can fail to happen in some books.  All of this being said the only thing  regret is that I read it so early, and no I will have to wait that much longer to see how it all ends.  Personally I hope to see more of all of the characters in the last book, along with more sexy times and a continuation of Banks' signature humor.  Should I ever manage to write a book of my own I would not be upset to find my book coming out anything like this one, because while not being about anything we know to be true it's one of those books that I can't help but enjoy, and it will be worth several re-reads in my life (also, it makes great presents for my loved ones)!

Out May 28, 2013


5/5 dust spirits

*Thank you to MacMillan (Feiwel & Friends) for giving me a review copy in return for an honest review [via ALA Midwinter].

No comments:

Post a Comment