Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review-Impostor

Last year I read Jill's debut novel, Slide, and I was very pleased with it.  The idea was fresh and the characters were likeable.  There was also the twist that I didn't see coming and some killing (you know how much I love killing.  Don't worry, there was kissing too. I like kissing.)  When I saw that there was going to be a sequel I was excited, because I felt like there were things that could be expanded upon.  Impostor picks up a few months after Slide and we get into the action pretty much right away.  Again Jill implemented her original idea of sliding, and she kept true to the mystery part of her first novel.  All of the characters we love (and even those we don't love so much) are back, which is nice, because when you bring in smaller characters from the previous book and expand on them it's always interesting to see where the author takes them.  Again Jill managed to blindside me with the true killer in the novel, and with another "slider" in this book the stakes were that much higher.  There was also the budding romance between Vee and another boy, who I liked much more than the first one.  Jill manages to plant little ideas into her readers heads that take you off course of the real wrongdoer in the book.  This pleases me because YA novels can be so predictable sometimes, but Jill manages to mix things up.  If you read and enjoyed Slide I would suggest you pick this book up when it comes out later this month, and if you haven't read Slide and are looking for something Body Finder-esque you should check it out because it's now in paperback, and it's not nearly as talked about as it should be.  Well done Jill, and I look forward to reading whatever book you end up writing next.

Out March 26, 2013


4.5/5 dust spirits

*Thank you to Harper Teen for providing me with an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment