Friday, January 11, 2013

Review-Dare You To

Last year I read Katie's debut novel, Pushing the Limits and I just fell in love with it.  I'm a real sucker for those love stories where the guy and the girl start off at each other's throats but slowly fall in love.  When I heard that there was going to be a companion book to the first I was ecstatic and I started searching for it everywhere.  I found it on netgalley and long story short I got approved.  Now, I was home sick today and I told myself "for each homework/classwork assignment you finish you can read one chapter."  If you guessed that didn't work to well you guessed correctly.  One homework assignment got done (I only have two left!) and then the reading kind of...well...let's just say I got carried away.  For those of you who have read Pushing the Limits you'll recognize Beth, along with a few other characters from book one, although Ryan is all new.  Personally I loved how Katie decided to turn the characters on their heads and make the girl the more player-ish, stoner type, and the boy the "perfect" one.  Just like the first one this book wasn't just fluff, it had some hard topics in it, and I think the message in the end was to be true to what YOU want, not what other people want you to do, or what you're expected to do.  I have to be honest, I liked the first book a little better, I think it was Beth's mom (I know there are people out there like her, but it really makes me sick all of the things she did and didn't do.  There was also Scott, who, I know was just trying to do the right thing, but he went about it the wrong way in my opinion).  As a whole this was another great book by Katie (and dare I say [you see what I did there?] it was even sexier than the first book).  This book will be added to my collection when it comes out, and I will wait impatiently for the short story and third book that connects with this one.
P.S. I call Ryan, he is mine, I saw him first!

Out June 7, 2013 (this date is subject to change)


4.5/5

*Thanks to Harlequin for the e-ARC in return for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment