Wednesday, January 2, 2013

13 Sequel/Veteran Novels I'm Looking Forward to in 2013

For every author that debuts this year I wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 authors that had already written a book and had another on the way.  Seeing as not all of them are sequels I've titled them veteran novels (novels that are from authors who have written at least one book but aren't sequels to their previous work).  There are SO many good books out there and there are SO many good sequels out there, so here are 13 of those books I'm looking forward to (although these are not all of the releases or all of the ones that I want to read) and again they are in no order and have a little bit as to why I want to read them.  These are all ones I do NOT have ARCs of.  Added at the end are ones I haven't read yet but do have ARCs of and are still excited about.

1. Of Triton by Anna Banks
This is the sequel to Of Poseidon, which I just ADORED!  It was a favorite of mine in 2012.  I read it in a day and laughed my butt off.  I also had the pleasure of meeting the author on tour and I adored her too!  I can't wait to see what happens in this book because THAT CLIFFHANGER!


Out May 28, 2013








2. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Shadow and Bone was also one of my favorite reads of last year.  Pretty much my first high fantasy novel, I just fell in love with the world building and the whole plot that Leigh managed to create. It was all just so beautiful, and the characters were so great.


Out June 4, 2013









3. Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris
THERE'S A SEQUEL!!!  I just LOVED the first one, but with the way it ended there very well could have NOT been a sequel, so I'm really glad there is.  And it sounds like a doozy!


Out April 23, 2013










4. Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
Now, I've seen the real cover, but it hasn't been released yet, so we're stuck with this (poor) mock up that I made.  But I'm so flipping excited for this book!  Trish's debut novel was AMAZING!  I'm not kidding, it blew me away. Made me laugh, made me cry.  I've read little snippets of this book on Trish's Tumblr (go check it out) and the boy, he's SERIOUSLY HOT!  Like, fan-yourself-because-he's-so-attractive hot.  I can't wait to see how the novel turns out in the end!

Out October 2013


5. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
I have read every one of Cassie Clare's books, and with this being the end to a series I have a feeling I'm going to cry.  I really love this series and I've grown to love both Jem and Will (it's unusual for me to like both of the love interests in a book, but Cassie makes me love them ALL) and although I know that SOME people survive it will be hard to forget that they all end up dying because The Mortal Instruments comes AFTER this series.  But it's beautiful, so I'm sure I'll love it regardless.


Out March 19, 2013





6. The Originals by Cat Patrick
Cat is one of my author friends, and she lives somewhere in the Seattle area, so I bump into her a lot at events.  I've read her first book, but I didn't get to her second this year.  But this one sounds REALLY good (not that her second one didn't, but I just got busy) and it's about clones, and clones falling in love.  So, yeah, I'm totally gonna buy it.  And read it.


Out May 7, 2013







7. The Program by Suzanne Young
I just loved Suzanne's angel series so when I heard about this book I was really excited.  This time Suzanne is dealing with a big problem (teen suicide) in the book.  There's romance and action, and it sounds like a great dystopian novel that will lead into a great dystopian series.  I can't wait to sink my teeth into this book because I know it's going to be amazing.  Also...knowing Suzanne she'll probably make me cry.


Out April 30, 2013







8. Ashes on the Waves by Mary Lindsey
I really enjoyed Mary's debut novel Shattered Souls and even though I've only read one Poe poem I can't help but appreciate the Gothic style he writes in.  So since this is a mix of Poe and Mary Lindsey I don't think it's possible for me not to at least check it out.  I'm such a sucker for love that has to work through so many things to survive (not for me though) and that's what this book is.  Also, it has a boy who is labeled an outcast, so, you know, sexy.


Out June 27, 2013






9. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan
I love Andrea Cremer.  I love David Levithan.  Now they're writing a book together.  And it's about a girl that falls in love with an invisible boy.  I want it and I want it now because it's going to be AWESOME!


Out May 7, 2013








10. Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
Kendare is another great author friend of mine, and her books are deliciously dark.  So now she's writing a book about ancient gods and goddesses who are killing each other.  And one of them is going to die via chocking on feathers? Yeah, I don't need to hear any more than that, I'm in.


Out September 10, 2013








11. Boundless by Cynthia Hand
I've read these books pretty much the instant they came out, and I really love them.  They're about angels, but they take a different spin on the mythology (and the main character is a GIRL).  There are two very attractive boys and I can't wait to see who Clara ends up with, along with how her destiny ends.


Out January 22, 2013








12. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
Despite the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the new covers I am excited to see how this series will end.  This series really reminds me of Star Trek which I just LOVED as a child, so to revisit the stars in book form (even if they aren't our stars) it's great.And this one looks like we'll run into something a little different, so I'm extra excited about that!


Out January 15, 2013







13. Dare You To by Katie McGarry
Pushing the Limits was one of my favorite books of last year, and now we get to read Beth's story.  According to Katie we are going to see characters from book one appear as side characters in book two, and if they're anything alike this book is going to be SEXY!  Seriously, I can't wait to dig into this one.


Out May 28, 2013










Please note that all release dates are taken from Goodreads and subject to change.

I'm still excited for these, but I have ARCs of them so they can't go on the list.








No comments:

Post a Comment