Sunday, September 16, 2012

Review- What's Left of Me

With all of the debut books floating around I've been careful about which I buy, and even more careful about the ones that I pick up and read, seeing as the time I have left to read is very small.  But when I saw that What's Left of Me was going to expire on my nook (it was an e-galley) I decided that I should read it at home.  I'm really glad I decided to do this, because unfortunately when books come out I generally don't read them ASAP, and it could sit on my shelf for a VERY long time.  That being said I was very pleased with how this debut novel came out because of a few things.  One, the plot. The plot was really fresh and new, I've read nothing like it in all of the books that I've read (although I wouldn't say there is NO book like it as I'm sure that wouldn't be true).  The second thing I liked was the fact that it was told from the POV of the twin soul who COULDN'T move.  The only thing  she could really do was think, and of course, talk about how her "sister's" soul was using their body, but that didn't make it boring like it could have been.  The third thing that I liked was that throughout the whole book there was almost this undercurrent of something wicked that ran along with the main character.  You learn things just about at the same rate as Addie and Eva, which was nice, because I it did catch me off guard.  As a whole the book was really great, it was fresh and new.  I can't wait to see what happens in the next book, because as good as this book was it seemed to be setting everything up for book two, so I'm sure book two will be even better.

Out September 18, 2012


4.5/5 dust spirits

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed it too.
    The little dust spirits are cute - The half one reminds me of a settled child ;o(

    ReplyDelete