Monday, July 23, 2012

Review-Pushing the Limits

Katie is one of two authors I'm interviewing this month as my debut author.  When I saw that Simone Elkeles had blurbed this book I decided that I just had to read it, because I loved Simone's books so much that if she loved a book I would love it to right? Right.  I was pulled in from the very first page and I codling's help but read page after page, even pushing aside my crazy Doctor Who marathon I had been having.  The writing was real, and the romance was great too, although I do have to say that the problems that the characters had in their lives were rather intense, so that could be a little upsetting for people who don't know what they're diving into.  It's the kind of book for people who like a love story that's not all rainbows and butterflies, much like Simone Elkeles' and Sarah Dessen's books.  Echo and Noah's story is one that will stay with me for quite a long time I think, because it was done so well.  The fact that Noah was a good boy character also made me very happy, because there seem to be too many cases of women writing male characters who don't seem to be realistic boy characters with realistic boy thoughts.  There is a sneak peak of Katie's new book at the end of this book, and it also seems like it's going to be a big hit.  If you've even thought about picking this one up I would suggest you go out and at least take a look at the first two chapters (to get a feel for both Noah and Echo), but if you dont' have a bookstore near you take my word for it and just buy this book.  Katie is another debut author I'm going to look out for, and I can't wait to see what happens in her second novel, because if it's anything like this one it's going to be amazing!

Out July 31, 2012


5/5 dust sprits

No comments:

Post a Comment