Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Review-My Soul To Take

I've met Rachel before, and there are so many people raving about these books, but I've never had time to read them, so when summer came along I decided to at least dive into book one.  I was at Target (it's like Wal-Mart) and I picked up the omnibus and started reading the prequel, and I had the sudden need to read it.  Thanks to others who had read these books before me I knew what the basic plot was, and when I finally got down to reading it I was very pleased.  Rachel writes about a fresh new paranormal species in her Soul Screamer's books, and although there are some sad parts in the book she manages to keep it overall up-beat with a good sense of humor.  Her writing style is something I really enjoyed, and although I saw quite a few of the twists coming there was one or two that caught me off guard, and to that I say "bravo".  This whole book was just so much fun, and Rachel really knows how to write some killer guys into her stories.  Due to other books I need to read I will not be diving right into the second book in the series (and I am a little sad about this), but I will pick it up, hopefully later in the summer so that I can continue on with Kaylee's adventure.  I have high hopes for the next books in the series, and from what I've heard the books make well on their review from Kirkus who states that "Twilight fans will love".  In being late to the ballgame on this series I'm sure there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said about them, but the first book is fresh, and any book with covers this beautiful demand to be picked up, even if you just read a few pages or the back.  Besides, you all know I can't resist a book where someone dies.


4.5/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment