Saturday, July 21, 2012

Review-Endlessly

Two years ago I picked up this cute little book on a Borders shelf and found that it wasn't just a pretty book, but fun and fresh too.  Now, having just finished the last pages of the last book in the trilogy I'm sad to see it end.  As with the first two books in the series Kiersten manages to make the book interesting and edge-of-your-seat action-y while still adding her signature humor to the mix and staying true to Evie's personality.  I think what makes her books so unique are that they're for teens but they have the nice light edge to them that means they could be read by younger, middle-school-aged kids and wouldn't end up being to much for them.  Also, the fact she doesn't swear but uses the word "bleep" is terribly amusing as well.  Almost all, if not all of your questions are answered when the book ends and there are characters from both books that come together to make the third book a real fun time no matter which characters you may like or dislike.  The book wrapped things up well for me, and in the end I really dont' have any lingering questions or complaints with the book, and even though I'm sad to see the series go I think it's one of those books that ended on a high note rather than a low one.  At the very end I shed a few tears because it's all over, but maybe in the future Kiersten will write a little something about the characters that happens in the future.  If you've read the first two books in this series you should definitely pick this one up when it comes out, and don't put it off until later, because this ending is worthy of Evie and her friends.

Out July 24, 2012


5/5 dust spirits

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for to read this one, I loved the first two books and looking forward to getting this one.

    ReplyDelete