Friday, June 15, 2012

Review-Timepiece

First I think I need to acknowledge this cover, it's BEAUTIFUL!  Now, I won a copy of Hourglass back on Victoria Schwab's blog (author of The Near Witch) and I read it in the summer and really enjoyed it.  When another blogger sent me an ARC of Timepiece I was so happy, because I couldn't wait to read it, unfortunately I had so much to do it fell to the wayside until right before the release date.  It had been a while since I read the first book, so I had forgotten some of the details, but once I got rolling things started to come back to me in little snippets.  When I read that this book was going to be from Kaleb's POV I was a little unsure about how it was going to play out, but I really enjoyed it.  The other part I liked was seeing things from the view point of someone who was not a traveler, and as the world fell apart it was interesting to see how all the characters reacted.  Just like in the last book there was one of those cliffhanger endings that make you crave the next book NOW.  There were some parts that confused me, seeing as the book still does deal with time travel, and I'm not exactly sure if any of the physics are right, but this is the only time travel series that I actually enjoy and can vaguely understand.  The next book, Infinityglass (you'll understand more when you read this book) comes out next year, and I can't wait to get a copy.  Hopefully the third book is going to be from Michael's POV, and that all of the questions will be answered.  I also wouldn't be opposed to a third book, because Myra is such a great writer and her characters are so great.


4.5/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment