Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Review-Girl of Nightmares

When I finished Anna Dressed in Blood I was really pleased that I already had a copy of the sequel, and inside it even had a cute little drawing! I started reading it during finals week, and once finals were over I was just so relieved to be out of school I didn't pick it back up until today. I was planning to finish it tomorrow, but I started reading it again and I just couldn't put it down, so I ended up finishing it. This is one of those books that's already in high demand and it's not even on the shelf yet, and the reason is because Anna was so good. Girl of Nightmares really gives the reader everything they could want in a sequel, and it's not one of those sequels that falls short either. Yes, there are fewer deaths of people, but the gore is still there, and ghosts do not disappear. All of the main characters from the first book make appearances, and Cas is still as witty as ever. When it comes to a boy's point of view it's nice to see them as actual boys, and although Cas is hurting the things that trip him up are actually there, he doesn't make them up because he is so broken due to his loss. He stands up for what he thinks is right and is not afraid to go his own path, which is a lot like most of the guys that I know, they're really stubborn when they want something. You should all be happy to know that the ending is solid as well. It didn't actually end how I expected it to, but I think that the way Kendare ended it really fit with the whole story and the characters perfectly. There were a few things that were not set in stone with the ending, but I really don't think that a third book will happen (although I wouldn’t mind seeing what happens in the future with Cas and the gang). Kendare has really come up with a great little ghost story, and I will pick up her other books as they come out as well. If you read Anna I would suggest you pick up this book when it comes out, and if you're looking for something a little different and haven't picked up Anna I suggest you do so soon.

Out August 7, 2012


4.5/5 dust spirits


No comments:

Post a Comment