Sunday, April 1, 2012

Review-Something Like Normal

Trish is my debut author to interview for June so I wanted to read her book before it came out. I think she's the only contemporary author I have in the line-up so far but it really doesn't matter. You know those books that pull you in and make you go "Woah"? This was one of those books, and the more amazing part of it is the fact that Trish is a debut author and she's writing a contemporary novel. Travis was SO great, because he wasn't too over the top. He wasn't extraordinary and he wasn't perfect,but that's what made him all the better. If you've read any of the Perfect Chemistry books then I think you'll really enjoy this one, because it has that same style.  The other part I loved was that it was told entirely from Travis' POV.  There are not enough books out there that are told from a Male POV, and even though this book is a little girly I still think that guys could enjoy it.  I read this book in less then 24 hours, and I was so pleased with it.  Yeah, there were vulgar parts (I mean, we're inside a teenage boy's head [no offense to all the teenage boys out there]), and yeah, there were war parts, and yes there was kissing (squee), but there was also depth to it.  It made me think about all of those teens coming back from the war and how they have so much to cope with.  Part of this book is about love and finding something normal in your world when it's been turned upside down, but the book is also about grief and about being a solider who has to come back to the real world for a while.  The book was so real and so good.  Those last few pages almost made me cry, and I can't wait to see what Trish comes up with next.  I'll be buying myself a finished copy of this book and I suggest that you all do the same.  Trish is yet another debut author I'll have my eye on from now on, and I hope that that book she teases us all with on Tumblr will be her next book on the shelves.

Out June 19, 2012
5/5 dust spirits

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this! And I love boy POV and there aren't many, especially good ones. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete