Thursday, March 15, 2012

Review-Unraveling

I've heard great things about this book, and just look at the cover, how cool is it, right?  When I finally got around to reading it, because Liz is my debut author for April, I was so pleased with it.  I'm a nerd/geek, whatever you want to call it, and Liz has added such a great spice of nerd into her book.  From chapter one the book starts off with a bang and it just goes on from there.  I was so pleased when there were references to Ebola made, as well as references to Firefly and the like.  This book even made me start watching The X Files.  The romance in this book was hot, the danger in this book was great, and the plot even caught me off guard once or twice.  The whole book was just so amazing.  It took me a while to read the whole book, yes, but that doesn't mean that it was a bad book at all.  On the contrary, it was an amazing book that's a very different then anything out there.  It was also such a great book for me to read because I connected with it.  No, I didn't die and then get brought back to life by some cute loner (but if it were this loner I wouldn't really mind), but Janelle was a junior, I'm a junior.  Liz used to be an English teacher, so she definitely knew all about the curriculum, which made the book even creepier.  Janelle was talking about The Great Gatsby, I was reading The Great Gatsby, and it was crazy how these things just matched up while I was reading them.  Alex was such a great character too.  He's the best friend that we all want, that we all need, and that you would think you would end up with, but that's always the case.   I really related to Janelle as well, she and I are, I would like to think, a lot alike when it comes to the way we think, the way we act, ect.  The other great thing about this book is the fact that you see the world end.  Most books show the world before or after it ends, but few show it as it's falling apart, and even fewer give the characters a chance to save it while it's falling apart.  That line from The X Flies "I want to believe", this book makes you want to believe.  I can't wait to see what happens next, because gosh, I'm not sure how Liz can make a sequel any better then this book already was.  If you're a fan of apocalyptic novels, action novels, those books where a girl saves the world with just a little help, this is a book you should check out.

Released April 24, 2012


5/5 dust spirits

2 comments:

  1. I love it when a book reaches me like that, sometimes it feels like the author has been reading my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! I'm dying to read this! There's nothing but high praises for this book.

    ReplyDelete