Friday, February 3, 2012

Review-The Hunger Games

With the movie coming out next month I decided that I would read the book, because I knew my friends would be taking me to the movie anyways.  There have been a few movies that I've seen without reading the books, a few movies I watched not knowing that they were books in the first place, and some movies I watched after reading the books.  This one will fall into the latter and I'm glad.  I had tried to read this book once before but I only got about 100 pages in before I gave up because of the large amount of homework I was getting.  The funny thing is I bought this book when it first came out, I was intrigued by the premise but never ended up getting to it.  Now I'm glad I decided to give it another chance, because even though I knew pretty much everything that happened (yeah, my friends are bad with spoilers) it was still a good read.  After the first third of the book the action really started picking up and I was able to enjoy it much more.  I'm sure that makes me sound like a terrible person, but when the book is pitched as teens killing each other I expected some killing a little sooner then it happened.  When it finally started I was pleasantly surprised by the way that Collins crafted her world.  It's not hard to see how this book became a New York Times bestseller and is still a highly bought book/series.  It was packed with adventure, blood, and even some kissing.  Actually more kissing then I thought there would be, but that's okay, you all know how much I love kissing.  There is no doubt I'll be reading the second and third novel, although I can't promise they will be read any time soon.  If you haven't read this book I'm going to end up sounding like pretty much everyone else on the planet, but at least give it a shot.  When you finally get to the real games it should pick up, and if you don't like it at least you gave it a shot.


4.5/5 dust spirits

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I absolutely love this book series! I can't bloody wait for the movie in March! It's going to be EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gr8 review
    i'm freaking ecstatic 4 the movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read this even though the book is sitting on my bookshelf staring at me, I figure i'll read it in March sometime before the movie comes out :)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEY!!
    mission accomplished!!
    you read it AND liked it!!
    Couldn't be happier since I read it because of you in the first place *-*

    ReplyDelete