Saturday, January 21, 2012

Review-Hallowed

I read Unearthly last year when it came out (was it last year...I read it right after it came out) and I loved it.  I pined for Hallowed from my Harper contact and he came through, but I didn't get a chance to read it until a short time before it came out.  Bad me!  I have now decided that the whole point of the second book in a trilogy is reserved for sad things, because, what's a series without some sad things that make you cry?  Obviously nothing.  Hallowed didn't make me cry (although it was close!) but it was still one of those books that is hard to read.  So many things happen in this book it's hard not to feel a little overwhelmed emotionally, but somehow Hand still makes it graceful.  Of course, this book is about Angel-Bloods, so it has to be graceful, right?  Right.  There was kissing, there was flying (yes, literally, we're talking about Angels here people) and there was quite a lot of info thrown at you (or Clara I guess) and it will leave your mind reeling.  I've always counted myself as one of those people that expertly figures out plot twists before they jump out and sucker punch you, and although I didn't see ALL of them this time I did get a fair number of them before I was rendered out of breath.  Yes this book still blew me away, and it still leaves me speechless when I think about how in the world Mrs. Hand managed to sneak all of these things by me in the first book.  I was a little disappointed with the way the love story went and if you are Team Tucker like me it might break your heart just a little to read the end of this book, but you have to, cause I'm sure it's very important for when the third one comes along.  It seems like I will also end up pining for the last book in the series (please tell me there will be ARCs) because I need to know how this story ends up finishing.  Bravo Hand on your lovely words and even lovelier story that you have managed to weave, and I look forward to the last book.  If you enjoyed Unearthly you should definitely pick up Hallowed to continue on with the lovely adventure, and maybe even get your heart broken a little bit.  Although I do expect it to be put back together by the end of book three. Got that Cynthia, it WILL be put back together! Okay? Okay.


4.5/5 dust spirits

3 comments:

  1. I'm Team Tucker for Unearthly, Team Christian for Hallowed. I love them both and I can't wait to see who Cynthia chooses for Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I haven't read Unearthly T_T though I did manage to grab a copy when it was, ikd if it still is, free for kindle...but I've yet to read it and now with your review I'm DYING!!! so I definitely HAVE to get the PRINTED copy of Unearthly before I get this...ebooks in my opinion, don't do justice to this amazing covers!!!
    Can't wait for my heart to be broken *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is next for me :) can't wait... i've heard its more of a team christian book, but im not worried ;)haha!

    ReplyDelete