Monday, January 9, 2012

Review-Bloodrose

I'm always sad to see a series end, it marks the end of a great adventure and the story of characters I've grown to know and love, but I'm also glad when they end right.  Bloodrose was one of those books that ended right, and not because it was all happy squishy endings but because there was pain.  Calla is such a strong heroine and I think that Andrea wrapped up her whole story perfectly.  I must give her a huge round of applause for crafting such a great trilogy with such steamy romance and nail-biting action scenes.  Her idea was fresh and new, taking a whole new level to the idea of werewolves.  I have to say, I think this was my favorite book because this is where it all ends, and even though endings make me sad Andrea did so well at ending it I couldn't help but love it.  All of my favorite characters were back and Calla was even more powerful then she had been in the past two novels.  I love a good female lead and Calla fit that bill to a T.  I can't imagine putting myself in her shoes and having to do everything that she did, she is a true heroine as well.  The other thing I loved was how fast paced the story was, while at the same time it didn't seem too rushed so as the book was a jumble of action that made no sense at all.  It took me a long time to read the book, but not because it was bad, but because I had so many other things to do.  If you've read the first two books you should pick this one up right away.  It may break a few hearts but I think the end has to be told, and if you don't read it you will be forever left wondering.  If you haven't started the series I suggest you do that because this is not a series to be missed. You know that old saying "not with a bang, but with a whimper"? Bloodrose ends with a bang, and it's a big one.


5/5 dust spirits

1 comment:

  1. I love the Nightshade series and the last book will not disipoint! I usually read mulitple books at one time but I put them all away just to read this one.
    Calla makes a decession between Shay and Ren, and the new characters grow on you. Cremer has done a fantastic job with this series and I'm sad to see it end...

    ReplyDelete