Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review-12 Things To Do Before You Crash and Burn

I saw this book in an indie bookstore I went to because I thought they had Clockwork Prince out early (they didn't) and for some reason it reminded me of Gae Polisner's The Pull Of Gravity so I just had to pick it up.  I read it in less then a day (mostly at Costco. Man that store is HUGE) and although it wasn't amazing by any means it was a cute quick read.  There were a few laugh out loud moments (which I'm sure earned me a few odd glances at the store) and it was also a great book for guys.  There aren't a lot of books out there that appeal to guys, especially in the YA genre, and even fewer that have male narrators, but this one does.  Although it's a little crude in some places, and there is some language that's a little harsher then what may be in other YA books I still think it's a book that everyone could enjoy.  I myself am not a teenage boy, but seeing as I do have to put up with many of them in school, and I used to have many guy friends I can tell you this is a pretty accurate portrayal of the average teenage guy.  It's also got a whole adventure thing going on, and even though it's not life and death (although there is a scene with some pretty mean dogs, and then a crazy linebacker) it's amusing and enjoyable.  Basically this is a short read that has no profound statements in it that will change your life, but it will make you chuckle once or twice and is a good light read.  I do suggest caution for those of you under the age of 15 though, there are choice words and some various sexual parts referenced.



4/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment