Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Review-Crank

I read Crank for a school project, because I had it on my shelf, and because I had read and really liked the other two books I read by her, Impulse and Perfect.  I do have to admit that i didn't like this book as much as I liked the first two books I read by her, but it was still good.  The raw emotion that it portrayed was just in Ellen's style and the real life factors were right in your face.  The one thing that I couldn't seem to get past was the fact that Kristina was such an average girl, a girl so much like myself, could get dragged into such a mess to begin with.  I wanted to scream at Kristina but now that I've had time to think about it I realize that sometimes it isn't that easy, because sometimes things aren't always your choice.  Peer pressure and teenage years make you see things differently and sometimes love makes you do things that you never thought you would do.  Kristina's story was so informative, and although I did feel very much connected to her in a way I just couldn't accept some of the things she had done because the way she just gave in made no sense to me.  The one thing I don't understand is when people go into things knowing the outcome, knowing what they can do to your body.  I understand feeling the urge to continue when you've stared, but when you know something is so wrong how can you just start.  This is really a book that everyone should read because it shows you what can happen when you start something you never expect to begin.  It's a good lessen for everyone, and maybe if you can see the consequences happen to someone your own age it will stick with you longer then your parents telling you just to not do drugs because they are bad.  I can see why this book is highly controversial, but maybe if we all read things like this things would be a little different.

4/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment