Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review-Name of the Star

When I first read the premise of this book I was really excited, and when my blogger friend Sarah said she had a review copy and that I could borrow it I was thrilled.  I'm all for books about serial killers because, honestly, I love the idea of a good one.  No that doesn't mean I like when they're at large, but I love watching shows about them.  For some reason I'm facinated with them, books that have to do with crime in general.  I'm also rather fond of the idea of Jack the Ripper so when I heard this book was ABOUT Jack the Ripper I was all for it.  Now that I've finished reading it I'm not really sure how I feel about it.  It wasn't a bad book by any means, it just wasn't amazing.  Maybe it was because I was SO excited about the whole idea of this book that when it finally came down to reading it I found that something was lacking.  The idea was really fresh, it wasn't something that had been re-done hundreds of times in the teen section and although there was some romance it didn't overpower the story, because the story wasn't really ABOUT romance.  I really liked the main character Rory.  She was independant, didn't end up falling in love with a guy and falling all over herself to impress him, and she really did hold her own.  If you're a fan of books with some romance, some thrill, a few near death experiences, and some history then I definetly suggest you check out this book.  I'll be reading the next book in the series just to see what happens (and because there are very few times when I don't continue a series) and will definetly check out her Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes series because I've heard they're really good.

Out now!!!


4/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment