Friday, August 12, 2011

Review-The Forest of Hands and Teeth

This was a great zombie book that never actually used the word zombie anywhere in it. I wouldn't call it scary, but definitely suspensful it was interesting to see how the Unconsecreated turned the world back to such primal ways of living. I don't think I would have been able to function if I were in the same conditions that Mary was, but her longing for something she's never known was definitely familiar. Ryan does a great job at crafting a dystopian world that is anything but, and it makes you wonder what could happen if we try something like reviving the dead. A beautifully crafted world of horror The Forest of Hands and Teeth is a great read for all of you who enjoy zombie movies or just a good suspense movie in general. I can't wait to sink my teeth into the next installment of the series. The only thing that bugged me was the fact that we didn't learn what CAUSED the "Return" in the first place. But maybe if I keep reading that will become clear? Other than that it was great and the tension that she laced throughout the book was definitely a great way to keep readers hooked.




4.5/5 dust spirits


*Note, this was an older review originally from the facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. This title is pretty popular in my Media Center. My kids are attracted to that creepy title, which makes me think "The Village". Despite my fear of scary things I need to read this one since my kids like it. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete