Monday, August 29, 2011

Review-Envy

I'm always weary of a book when an author of another genre moves into YA but Gregg Olsen does a pretty good job.  He's regularly an adult fiction writer who focus is thriller novels and he has decided to take that into YA now as well.  I have to admit this book was a little hard for me to get into.  I'm not sure why this is, but it just didn't grab me like some YA novels do.  It wasn't the story, cause that was interesting, and the characters were really great, but I think it just jumped around a little to much for my tastes.  There were a few times when I found myself having to look back in the book to figure out who a character was.  I did LOVE the fact that the book was based on true events and that it was set in Washington, because ever since Twilight there haven't been many books set in Washington State.  Envy was creepy and was a great mystery book that is geared towards teens and the reason for what happened in the book really makes you think about the  law, what's appropriate, and how you treat that girl that's more of an outsider.  The book comes with a sneak peek at the second novel in the series and from the small excerpt I'm looking forward to reading the sequel as well.  If you like a good mystery and don't mind a paranormal element in your books I would suggest that you pick this book up at your local bookstore or at least check it out at the library.  Envy wasn't a bad read but it wasn't one of my favorite books in the world, but the sneak peek at the second book gives me hope that it will be better.   This one really sets up the characters and story, but there is still that good story line that keeps you entertained throughout the book.

Out Now!!!


4/5 dust spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment