Thursday, August 18, 2011

Review-Chain Reaction

I have to say, this has been one of my favorite contemporary series and I'm really sad to see it end, but at least we got a series and not just one book.  For some reason Simone makes her characters perfectly, and no, that doesn't mean they're perfect, it just means that despite all of their flaws (and they have many, believe me) you still just want to...well, we'll just say kiss them, but we all know we want to do WAY more than that with them, especially the Fuentes brothers.  Most of the time it's hard to top the first book in a series, and if you do the end will suck, but I have to say, the third and final installment could quite possibly be my favorite out of all three.  I was also really taken by Nikki.  I wasn't sure how I was going to like this book because from the synopsis I wasn't sure how relateable Nikki was going to be, and even though I don't stutter or have the perfect life with a less than perfect home life, Kira and Brittany were both characters I could relate to.  In the end though, like always, Simone did a perfect job at making Nikki a character I grew to love because, honestly, it's what she does.  Now Luis, I knew Luis was going to be amazing but not THAT amazing.  He might be my favorite Fuentes brother just because he's everything I wish I had in a guy (minus the whole, trouble with the gang thing).  He was so much like his brothers (which we also got to see, and I LOVED) but he was also fully his own person and even though that doesn't make sense it's true.  The one thing that makes me not give this book a perfect rating is the Spanish, and it's not because I hate Spanish, or the Latino population, but because I take Japanese and not Spanish and I didn't want to stop reading and look up the phrases and such on the Internet I was forced to either guess what meant or just skip it all together because I knew in the long run it wasn't THAT important.  Maybe a nice Spanish glossary in the back of the book for those of us who don't speak Spanish, but other than that this books was, as all the others, amazing and maybe if we all wish hard enough Simone will write more about the Fuentes brothers (or their children) in the future because I just can't seem to get enough of them!


4.5/5 dust spirits

1 comment:

  1. me neither girl! me neither~can't get enough of the brothers, that is~

    agreed with the spanish~take it from someone who speaks it daily~ it threw me off in the previous books... and completely understand you...not for not understanding BUT for an entirely different thing...still love the books and seriously can't wait for this one!!

    ReplyDelete