Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Upon A Read-A-Thon Mini-Challenge 1-1

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

So the first mini-challenge is hosted by Bailey at IB Book Blogging and the questions are as followed;

Mini Challenge Question 1:What is your favorite type of myth (Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc)?

Mini Challenge Question 2:
What is your :
favorite book with some type of mythology in it?
My answers are;

Mini Challenge Question 1:
I think that my favorite type of myth has to be Egyptian.  Maybe it's because of the afterlife thing, but I think it's more about the mummies, because who doesn't love a mummy!?  They're so fascinating, just the whole idea of mummifying a person to help them travel to the next life, and all of the things that went into making them mummies, I mean, how can you not find that interesting?
Mini Challenge Question 2:
This one is harder, I really don't read that many books with mythology in them, but I think the most recent one I read has to be THE GODDESS TEST by Aimee Carter.  It's all about Greek mythology and although I do enjoy Greek myths I really would love to read a book about Egyptian mythology.  Do you guys know any?

Feel free to answer the questions in the comments too, I love reading about what you guys like as well!

3 comments:

  1. You can try The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite type of myth is Greek! I love the gods and goddesses. My favourite series about Greek myth is the Goddess Summoning series by P.C. Cast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. My fave type of mythology is Celtic/Roman myths, I love them =)
    2. My fave books (series) is the Goddess of Partholon books (Divine trilogy, Elphames Choice & Brighids Quest) by P.C Cast which includes the Celtic Horse Goddess, Epona. They are awesome books and I recommend them to everyone =D

    ReplyDelete