Monday, June 13, 2011

Review-Blood Magic

This book was...wow.  It was so much fun and the whold idea was just amazing.  Tessa has such a great voice and I can totally see why Maggie said that this book was so good.  I'm really glad I read this book, and even though I am thrilled I got Forever I need to thank myself for reading all of it.  The cover is beautiful, and it perfectly portrays the whole idea of the book.  Again this was another book that made me go "I did NOT see that happening" and that's honestly what I loved so much about it.  Nick and Silla were so great and Tessa somehow managed to mix magic and grief into the perfect combination to make the book just perfect.  If you haven't heard of this book at least go look at it in the store or at your local library because it will not dissapoint.  The description was beautiful and it honestly made me jump a few times.  I was so engrosed in the story I found myself jumping when a door shut from the wind.  Blood Magic just flows so perfectly and I can't really describe the whole idea of the book without giving so much of the plot away.  All of Silla's masks were facinating and I loved all of the normal parts that were included.  I think that's what really makes or breaks a paranormal book, is the normal parts of the day that authors put in because without them it just feels wrong.  You can't ignore all these small details that make up our day, because without them the characters and story will fall flat.  A great debut from another author I will be watching quite closely, and I can't wait for the next book by this author.  All the blood and none of the vampires Blood Magic is just a whole lot of fun.



5/5 dust sprites


1 comment: